Sunday, November 1, 2015

I have found a way to get rid of the tachyon problem in cybersusy!

I spent about six months recently at the Mathematics Institute in Oxford, England.  While there I wrote three papers, summarizing results largely obtained the previous year. They are all on the archive arXiv now and the first two are published in Phys. Lett. B.,  which is open access.

The first paper is     http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269315002348
The second  paper is  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269315005663
I am still reviewing what I to do with the third paper, which is pretty technical.

Soon I will have time to try to figure out whether the new action that arises from the first of these papers could possibly give rise to Double Obstructions as discussed in the second paper, using the results of the third paper to try to find an interacting action.

The purpose of all this is to find an alternative way to split susy mass multiplets that might get around the terrible phenomenological problems that susy currently experiences. If this works, then the bunch of largely unpublished papers on cybersusy that I have put on arXiv since 2000 might have a chance to be relevant to observable physics, once they are brought up to date with these new results from the above three papers.  Anyway that is the current plan.


No comments: